Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Photographic proof of a very unlikely event

Dee Fairbanks Simpson

A few weeks ago, someone asked here if there are hummingbirds nesting in Brevard County. I responded, telling her about the hummingbird nest that was directly above our booth at the Enchanted Forest Earth Day celebration a few years back.

Up until yesterday, that was the only hummingbird nest I'd ever seen. So, David and I were teaching beginning birding at the Women in the Outdoors festival yesterday, when David noticed a hummingbird... going in and out of a nest directly above our booth. What on earth are the chances of that happening not once, but TWICE in my life?? It is pretty unbelievable, so I posted a blog of both the EF nest as well as the WITO one:

http://www.deederange.net/2014/04/extremely-unlikely-events.html

No comments:

Post a Comment